Administrators, also known as Admins or Sysops, are users with extended rights that help the wikia: contribute, modify the site, edit the home page, delete pictures, delete vandalism and spam, and more. They aim to build a community and make sure everything runs smoothly.
Administrators are granted their additional tools by a Bureaucrat. Some Admins are also Bureaucrats, which means they have the power to promote or demote users of the wiki, in addition to their adminship. Others are Wikia Staff, whom are a part of the official staff of the Wikia network.
Administrators are voted into their position based on their application and qualifications. Administrators are promoted to their rank and will generally stay at that rank until they can no longer perform the expected duties of their role. Administrators are held to the same standards as other editors and are expected to follow the same policies and guidelines as everyone else. Administrators can choose to step down if they wish.
Administrators additional functions include:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
Jorja Smith Wiki Staff Team
|Hafsa B ♦||Message Wall||Active||Everywhere|
What can administrators not do?
- Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism.
- Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith.
- Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.